The 34th PANAAWTM Annual Conference will be held at Columbia Theological Seminary, from April 11-13, 2019. The Atlanta region planning committee invites proposals for papers/panels/workshops/creative performance on the theme of the conference, Journey toward Justice.
Topics include: (1) strategies and resources for disrupting institutional racism from Pacific, Asian and North American Asian perspectives; (2) any aspects in the lives and experiences of Pacific, Asian and North American Asian women, especially related to disrupting institutional racism; (3) inter-racial tensions or conflicts within the institutions where Pacific, Asian and North American Asian women work, minister, and participate in; (4) women and leadership from Pacific, Asian and North American Asian perspectives domestically and/or globally, especially related to, but not limited to, racial justice.
We solicit five types of proposals for:
1) individual papers (including graduate students’ papers) – 15 minute-presentation
2) panels (3-4 people presenting original papers) – 90 minute-panel including Q&A
3) roundtables (structured discussion around a significant topic, question, theme, or book) – 90 minute-roundtable including Q&A
4) workshops (on teaching, activism, self-care, pastoral care, etc.) – 90 minute-workshop
5) individual creative presentations such as performances, sermons or liturgical resources – 15-minute-presentation
Proposals should be no more than 300 words and include a 100-word abstract. It should include your name, institution, and your contact information. Indicate whether you will be requiring A/V equipment or special set up.
Proposals and inquiries should be addressed to Dr. Nami Kim at email@example.com by January 20, 2019.