The 35th PANAAWTM Annual Conference
April 2-4, 2020, Garrett Theological Seminary, IL
The Chicago region planning committee invites proposals for papers/panels/workshops/creative performance on the theme of the conference, Remembering Futures: Time, Experience, Narratives.
As PANAAWTM celebrates our 35th anniversary, we critically question time, experience, and narratives. Contemplating our 35 years of engagement in difficult dialogues, we analyze and theo-ethically respond to social and ecological injustices, and mine Asian/Asian American women’s theological and religious wisdom to embrace the suffering of all living beings empathetically and to re-tell the narratives of futures. How do our narratives of futurity map the ways we engage in theology and ministry in the present? What future/s do we envision in our work (e.g., scholarship, ministry, advocacy, activism, collective care, etc.)?
Topics include: (1) narrate a new and deep forms of relations from Pacific, Asian, and North American Asian women’s perspectives; (2) (re)conceptualize time, experience, and narratives from the perspectives of Pacific, Asian, and North American Asian women; (3) expand our understanding of trauma, memory, and time in relation to the experiences of Pacific, Asian, and North American Asian women; (4) women’s leadership, practice, and/or activism, especially related to, but not limited to, ecological justice from Pacific, Asian, and North American Asian women’s perspectives; and (5) any aspects in the lives and experiences of Pacific, Asian, and North American Asian women.
We solicit five types of proposals for:
1) individual papers (including graduate students’ papers, about 1500 words) – 15 minute-presentation
2) panels (3-4 people presenting original papers) – 90 minute-panel including Q&A
3) roundtables (structured discussion around a significant topic, question, theme, or book) – 90 minute-roundtable including Q&A
4) workshops (on teaching, activism, self-care, pastoral care, etc.) – 90 minute-workshop
5) individual creative presentations such as performances, sermons or liturgical resources – 15-minute-presentation
Proposals should be no more than 300 words and include a 100-word abstract. It should include your name, institution, and contact information. Indicate whether you will be requiring A/V equipment or special set up.
Proposals and inquiries should be addressed to Dr. K. Christine Pae at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2020.